Monday, February 23, 2015

Take of Your Clothes..I meant Nice to Meet You

Hey guys,

Welcome back!!

It was Valentine's Day when I last posted and wanted to know how it went! Call me a sucker, but I am all for the lovey dovey romance. Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days, aside from Christmas of course.

Talking about all this lovey dovey mushy things is a great segway into this week's post.

In today's episode, I will be talking about Subliminal messages in advertisements. So we all know what subliminal messages are.Right?
Well if you don't then I will tell you.

Subliminal messages is defined as, "below the threshold or surface of your conscious mind." This means that if you are not looking for it, trust and believe you won't find it.

Don't believe me, well check out this video.

Some of these messages doesn't just jump out at you like the Skittles one did. It takes a lot of time and effort. 

Now commercials are not the only place you can find subliminal messages. One company we will be focusing on today is Disney. Yep you heard right. There are subliminal messages can be found all over Disney movies.
http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/1-03-Frozen-quotes.gif
Yes Anna! Sadly it's true. I had the same reaction when I found out myself. 

Remember when you were a kid and you wanted to watch the Little Mermaid?
You thought you saw this:

https://yoy50.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/little-mermaid-penis.jpg

Look a little closer:

http://www.ultimatetop10s.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/The_Little_-Mermaid_Subliminal_Message_2.jpg
STOP! Deep breaths people. That was only the beginning.

Or even when you wanted to see Lion King your favorite movie of all times, but in reality this was what you were seeing:


http://www.ultimatetop10s.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Lion_King_Subliminal_Message.jpg

Come on Disney! There are kids watching. Many of my childhood memories have now been ruin. I don't want to know what I would find if I sit down and looked through them all.

 Though Disney is guilty of having these types of sexual messages in their movies, there are still some subliminal messages in advertisement that are not sexual at all. Or at least I think so.
Take for example Amazon.

amazon.com
Did you ever notice that the arrow under the word points from A to Z, showing consumers that they can rely on Amazon for all their needs.
Another example would be the FedEx company.

http://www1.vetmed.lsu.edu/LADDL/Images/item71049.jpg
I never noticed that between the E and the X is an arrow. One of my classmates pointed that out to us during one of our Marketing classes.

There is also one found in the Wendy's photo

http://famouslogos.net/images/wendys-logo-subliminal-message.jpg
Isn't that the sweetest thing. Though Wendy's head marketers are not taking credit. They claimed they did not plan for this. Planned or not this still rocks!

This brings me to the end of this week's post.

Before I go I want to leave you guys with the trailer for another must watch. I know I will...


Until Next Time my Fellow Marketers!

No comments:

Post a Comment