Sunday, February 1, 2015

Oh Facebook, Facebook, wherefore art thou Ethics?

After endless searching on the internet for something to motivate me when I was down this weekend, I stumbled upon this video:
I thought if I was gonna give myself a "pick me up" I would share it with you guys.
WELCOME BACK!!!
In today's episode I will  be talking about how I view Ethical and Social Responsibility in Marketing and how it compares to the Ethical and Social Responsibility through Social Medias.

Code of Ethics ties in nicely with the Corporate culture. The Corporate Culture is said to be "a set of values, ideas, and attitudes that is learned and shared among the members of an organization" (Roger Kerin). This is also saying that culture is evident in the expectation for ethical behavior.

Want to know what others think?

Well there are those out there who think that Facebook has no form of Ethics (GASP). Facebook was said to be using their users data to conduct research without their permission (DOUBLE GASP).

What did some users do?

They complained!!! Oh you bet your asses they did.

And what did Facebook do?

As of January 2015 there have been new policies set in place. I can't tell you what these new policies are because I personally don't have anything on Facebook that I wouldn't share. But you can know the verdict in my next blog!


So if you don't want everyone to know about all your dirty little secrets
http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/topic/624656-pretty-little-liars-the-official-thread-for-discussion-theories-and-clues/
don't post them on Facebook.

When it comes to Social Responsibility, Facebook manned up and try to make their users happy.

But before we get excited and begin to jump with joy, what the heck is Social Responsibility?

Social Responsibility as defined by Roger Kerin "means that organizations are a part of a larger society and are accountable to the society for their actions". There are three concepts of Social Responsibility and those are:

1. Profit Responsibility: to maximize the profit of companies owners and stakeholders
2. Stakeholder Responsibility: to focus on the obligations that a company has to those who will increase total achievements
3. Societal Responsibility: to focus on obligations that organizations have to maintain both the ecological environment and the general public. 

And how does this relate to Facebook you ask?

Well, Facebook strive to uphold their societal responsibilities. 

This means that they do their best to keep the general public 
http://pulpypics.com/smileys-emoticons-for-facebook/


Before I leave you guys, another one of my obsessions!!!! The Originals. Enjoy
Until Next Time my fellow MARKETERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment